no-one out-crazies ophelia!

Rehearsal went well today! P, our original music director, came back to help us with music since M had a concert. We ran through both finales (Ever After for Act I and the Into the Woods reprise one million or so for Act II), and we tightened up the scene where the Narrator and I die. And...that was pretty much it, not much to write home about. I marked the screaming again, since my throat isn't really feeling any better yet.

A lot of today's rehearsal was spent finalizing costumes and making last-minute adjustments. The costumes in this show are seriously, seriously amazing. Easily some of the best I've ever worked with. KD fixed my wig, it has a big flower and lots of ribbons on it now and it looks less like I just stepped out of the 70s. I'm going to be using my own hair after it gets chopped off, so that reminds me that I have to get my roots done.

That reminds me, I never mentioned my inspirations for Rapunzel! They are as follows.

Act I:




Act II:



...there's actually not a whole lot of acting involved in this role, to be honest. ;)

And now we're on to tech week! Sunday is our cue-to-cue and then after that we have full-dress runs! And Friday is showtime! Whee!

2 comments:

Denise January 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

I'm so excited to see your show! Consider this role to empower you as a singer. You're already a fabulous actress. I hope dress rehearsals are going well.

j January 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

I'm excited for you to come! <3 I hope I don't screw up the singing too badly, I'm pretty much flying blind for a bunch of it. I LOVE YOU and I can't wait to see you! <3 <3

Post a Comment

&

tentatively-aspiring singer-actress writes about rehearsals, lessons, auditions, inspiration, trepidation, preparation, contemplation, and lots of other things that end in -ation relating to music, theatre, and just life as a strange little girl.

{ingénue}

A Northern girl with an old soul and a new heart. Equal parts gothic heroine & Disney Princess.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.