got a cloud sleeping on my tongue

today I worked on
Batti, Batti O Bel Masetto
Verdrai Carino

Notes from lesson:
The most important note this week was MP telling me not to go "ugh!" or make noises/faces and distract myself/psych myself out. I do this every time I hit a wrong note or something just sounds icky to my ear (even if I have no idea why).

The idea of a vertical/horizontal/diagonal trajectory of sound; like a laser beam!

Argh why can't I act while I sing? D:

GOOD GOD I HATE VERDRAI CARINO SO VERY MUCH. SO SO SO MUCH.

"I think that most good performers have a lot of feelings and are riddled with angst, you know."
(I JUST HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS.) What's hilarious is that I would say that I am normally very shiny-bouncy around MP, always smiling and giggling (and making fun of myself). It's...not surprising, but kind of scary that she can see through to the angsty mess I am underneath all the fluff.

Talked about how in a perfect world I would work for the Paris Opera chorus (I don't even want to sing leads or anything, guys! I just want to be in your chorus, please), have a little flat in Paris and spend my days drinking chocolat and walking around and singing. Good gracious I want that life; so badly I almost want to cry thinking about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

&

tentatively-aspiring singer-actress writes about rehearsals, lessons, auditions, inspiration, trepidation, preparation, contemplation, and lots of other things that end in -ation relating to music, theatre, and just life as a strange little girl.

{ingénue}

A Northern girl with an old soul and a new heart. Equal parts gothic heroine & Disney Princess.

Followers

Powered by Blogger.